Acudetox Specialist Questions
- How can I reach the Board staff by phone?
Call (512) 305-7030 to reach a member of Pre-Licensure, Registration and Consumer Services between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central Time.
- What are the BASIC requirements to be certified as an acudetox specialist in Texas?
- Submit application online, and pay the $52 application fee
- Complete a training program in auricular acupuncture for the treatment of alcoholism, substance abuse,
or chemical dependency, which:
- is approved by the Medical Board
- is 70 hours in length
- includes a clean needle technique course or equivalent universal infection control precaution
procedures course approved by the Medical Board
- Hold an unrestricted and current license, registration, or certification issued by the appropriate Texas
regulatory agency authorizing practice as one of the following:
provided that such practice of acudetox is not prohibited by the regulatory agency authorizing such practice
- social worker
- licensed professional counselor
- licensed psychologist
- licensed chemical dependency counselor
- licensed vocational nurse
- licensed registered nurse
- Work under protocol and have access to a licensed Texas physician or a licensed Texas acupuncturist
readily available by telephonic means or other methods of communication.
- What title may an acudetox specialist use?
Each individual who obtains certification as an acudetox specialist may only use the titles Certified Acudetox
Specialist or C.A.S. to denote his or her specialized training.