Prescriptive Delegation Registration
Senate Bill 532, effective 1/31/2010, requires physicians to register with the TMB if the physicians delegate prescriptive authority to PAs or APNs.
Senate Bill 406, effective 11/1/2013, requires a prescriptive authority agreement be in place between a physician and a PA or APN that has been delegated prescriptive authority. Senate Bill 406 changes (including the new prescriptive authority agreements) to the online registration system will be available in January 2014.
Use the online system to register prescriptive authority AND to file the notice of intent to practice/supervise as required of PAs and physicians. Hard copy supervision and delegation forms are no longer be accepted (except as required below).
Online Supervision and Prescriptive Delegation Registration System
Review the eligibility requirements for system usage then click on the link above to use the system.
Supervision/delegation approval or termination changes should be updated in our system within 30 days. Please note that for any current or future investigations, updates submitted more than 30 days after a change does not affect any liability you may have incurred for not properly registering supervision or delegation information.
Eligibility requirements for physicians and physician assistants:
- Full, active, and unrestricted licenses are required for online registration.
- You are not eligible to register online if:
- your license is under a current board order, or if you have notified the TMB that you are not actively practicing medicine, or
- you hold a temporary physician, temporary PA, or Faculty Temporary License.
- You are not eligible to delegate prescriptive authority if:
- you are a physician licensed under Voluntary Charity Care Status, or
- you hold a Telemedicine, Public Health or Conceded Eminence license.
If you are eligible to delegate prescriptive authority and you are not eligible to register online, please contact the PRC at (512)305-7030 for a hard copy supervision/delegation form.
Eligibility requirements for advanced practice nurses:
- A full, active, and unrestricted Texas nursing license is required for online registration (this includes licenses that are recognized by reciprocity).
- If your Texas nursing license cannot be validated for prescriptive delegation through the Texas Board of Nursing, you are not eligible to use the Supervision and Prescriptive Delegation Registration System.
For more information, please contact Pre-Licensure, Registration and Consumer Services (PRC) at 512-305-7030.
FAQs regarding the new prescriptive delegation agreements and other statutory changes are coming. Please keep checking the TMB website for updates.