NEW REGISTRATION (RENEWAL) PROCESS
Existing license/permit expiration dates beyond March 31, 2016 will be honored, however no extensions will be provided at this time. Renewals will also continue to be done biennially.
Criminal history background checks through the Department of Public Safety and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are required for all current licensees and permit holders prior to your first renewal through the Texas Medical Board. You must be fingerprinted AND your results received BEFORE you will be able to access the online renewal system below. Information on the required criminal history background checks and instructions for getting fingerprinted are available here.
- Information on the required criminal history background checks and instructions for getting fingerprinted are available here.
- Registration/renewal through TMB will be completed on a different schedule than DSHS, with all permits expiring during specific set times of year (as opposed to expiring in the permit holder’s birth month). Moving forward respiratory care practitioner licensees will expire twice a year, on May 31st or November 30th .
- As part of the transition from DSHS to TMB, existing RCP licenses will have their first registration with TMB per the existing permit expiration date. The renewal fee charged at the time of the first renewal with TMB will be pro-rated to bring the permits in line with the new expiration dates.
- For example, RCP licenses that expire in December, January or February of 2016 will be pro-rated to renew through November 2017, and licenses that expire in March, April or May of 2016 will be pro-rated to renew through May 2018.
- For those licensees who were issued or renewed with DSHS just prior to the transition to the TMB, it may be approximately two years before you are due to register/renew with the TMB.
- As part of this transition, some existing license and permit numbers will be reformatted to fit TMB requirements.
Information on continuing education is available at CE for RCPs .