The retired status exempts general or limited medical radiologic technologists (MRT/LMRT), or non-certified radiologic technician (NCT) registry permit holders from the registration process, registration fee, and Continuing Education requirements.
The following restrictions apply to MRTs/LMRTs and NCTs whose licenses are on retired status:
- the certificate or permit holder must not engage in clinical activities requiring a certificate or permit in Texas or any state;
- the certificate or permit holder's certificate or permit may not be endorsed to any other state.
- To be eligible for retired status, the certificate or permit holder must not be under an investigation or otherwise have a restricted license.
- To return to practice from retired status, a certificate or permit holder must obtain approval from the Board after submitting a written request. To return to active practice a certificate or permit holder will be required to provide evidence of competence at that time, which may include, but is not limited to;
- providing current verifications from each state in which the certificate or permit holder holds a license, certificate, permit, or registration, as applicable;
- providing current verifications of certification by ARRT or NMTCB, as applicable;
- submitting professional evaluations from each employment held after the license was placed on inactive status; and
- any conditions or requirements which, in the discretion of the Board are necessary to ensure protection of the public and minimal competency of the individual to safely practice.
- If a certificate or permit holder has been on official retired status for two years or longer, the request must be reviewed by the Licensure Committee of the Board.
To request retired status, complete and return the appropriate retirement request form (link below) to the Board for approval before the expiration date of the current registration permit. Refunds of registration fees already paid cannot be made.
If an individual is ineligible for retired status, biennial registration, including the fee and continuing education, are required to keep the license current.
Because this form must be received by our office before the expiration date of the current certificate, completed and bearing original signatures, as well as bearing an original seal of notary public, it cannot be faxed back to our office.
MRT/LMRT Retirement Request Form - click here
NCT Registry Retirement Request Form - click here