What is a passing score?
- A passing score is 75 or better.
What does the JP exam cover?
- Texas state statutes through the Texas Occupations Code, and Board Rules through the Texas Administrative Code, relevant to the scope of practice the application of licensure is for. This can include (but is not limited to) eligibility requirements to be licensed; registration renewal requirements and procedures; continuing education requirements; scope of practice; investigations of complaints and enforcement procedures.
How many times can I retake the JP exam?
- There is no attempt limit; however, there is a fee for each attempt.
I don’t know my TMB ID number to create a My TMB account?
- For applications filed online, this number is in an automated email sent to the email address registered with the application the next business day. Please check your spam or junk folders for this email. You may call Consumer Services at (512) 305-7030 to request this number if you do not have a copy of this notice with your provided ID number.
- For Faculty Temporary License (FTL) applicants, this number is provided by your assigned processor.
- For licensees required to take the exam as part of an Agreed or Remedial order that have not created an account before, you can use your TMB license number to create an account.
I forgot my My TMB Username?
- To obtain your username, select ‘Forgot Username’ from the login screen. Provide your required credentials to have your username information sent to the registered email address on file.
I forgot my My TMB Password?
- To login, enter your username and select ‘Forgot Password’ from the login screen. You will be asked for the answers to your established security questions, and after successfully entering in that information, you will be asked to reset your password.
I’m having trouble accessing the JP exam on my mobile device.
- While this exam is compatible with all contemporary browsers, the experience may vary due to customizations of your specific browser and the platform you are using. For best performance, we recommend using the Google Chrome browser or the Mozilla Firefox browser on a PC or MAC platform.
I paid for the exam but I’m not ready to take it?
- As long as you have not accessed the exam contents in the Estrategy Solutions portal, you can wait to take the exam. You can start the exam at a later time by logging into My TMB and selecting the JP Exam icon, and you will be directed to the Estrategy site without payment to complete any purchased exam that has not been accessed. Once you have accessed the exam session, you will only have an hour to complete the exam. If you do not complete it within that timeframe, it will be automatically submitted for final grading, and you will forfeit the fees for any failed exam.
How do I notify the Board regarding my passed exam?
- Scores are sent immediately to the Board electronically. Once passed, a certificate of completion is viewable through My TMB, this is not required to be sent to the Board, and is only for your records.
I need to retake my JP exam. What’s next?
- You can retake your exam by going back to My TMB, and resubmitting the exam fee for a new session.
I took and passed the exam on my temporary license application. Do I have to take it again?
- If you took and passed a JP exam as part of a temporary license application and are now applying for a full license of the same type (e.g., a Temporary Medical Radiologic Technologist license now applying for a full Medical Radiologic Technologist), you will not be required to take the exam again. However, if you are applying for a different type of license (e.g., a licensed Physician Assistant that is now applying for a Respiratory Care Practitioners license), you will be required to take the exam relevant to the license type of that new application.
I am reapplying for licensure and previously passed the JP. Do I have to take it again?
- If you took the JP exam as part of your prior application process for licensure and are reapplying for the same type of license, you will not be required to take the exam again.
I did not take the exam as part of my temporary license application. Will I need to take it to apply for my full?
- If you were issued a temporary license prior to the JP requirement being included, and are now applying for the full license (e.g., a Temporary Medical Radiologic Technologist license now applying for a full Medical Radiologic Technologist), you will be required to take and pass the exam as part of your requirements for full licensure.
I did not take the exam as part of my license application and have a full license. Will I need to take the exam?
- For licenses issued prior to the JP requirement taking effect, you will not be required to take the exam as part of registration renewal requirements. However, if your license is cancelled for any reason (by request, for non-renewal, etc.) and you reapply for licensure, you will be required to take the exam as part of meeting current licensure requirements.
Are the study materials (study guide and practice exam) required to be purchased before taking the JP exam?
- No. The study materials are optional.
How do I get the study guide and practice exam?
- After filing an application and establishing a My TMB account, applicants will see an icon to purchase JP study prep materials in addition to the icon to go straight to the vendor to take the exam in the My TMB dashboard. The icon to purchase study materials will take an applicant to the storefront to decide what materials to purchase. The study guides and practice exams made available are determined by the active applications that are currently on file with the Board. Both the study guide and practice exam are purchased as a package.
Where do I get the study materials once I have purchased them?
- Once payment is complete, applicants can go back or refresh their My TMB portal to access the exam prep materials. There will be one icon for the study guide, and once icon for the practice exam.
How long can I access the study guide after purchase?
- Access to purchased study prep materials lasts until the JP exam is passed, or the active application expires.
Can I print the study guide?
- The study guide is only available in view only mode online through an applicant’s My TMB account. It cannot be printed, saved as a separate document or otherwise downloaded.